Hello! I’m Sara, a freelance art director & graphic designer, avid traveler and mother of two. I created the Fog Line as a means of sharing my great love for art & design, style, travel and parenthood. The blog started in my home city of San Francisco three years ago and is now based out of my new home of Portland, Oregon.
Along with the Fog Line, I am a contributing writer for Designers Call, writing their Design Meets Fashion weekly. I also love photography. But mostly I love to design. To view my portfolio, visit sarawilliamsdesign (dot) com or click here.
To contact me, please email me at email@example.com. (No spam please!)
10 Things About Me:
1. I grew up in the Bay Area and have lived all over the country, making two loops through New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco and now finally Portland.
2. I’ve been involved in the arts my whole life, studying fashion design at Parsons and FIDM, and later graphic design at LMU. Being a freelance graphic designer allots me the freedom to work from home so that I can spend more time with my daughters. I do, however, miss working with others and the community of shared work environments.
3. I have two young girls, Violet & Beatrix. Being a mom is rad … and a constant challenge & adventure.
4. My husband Nick and I have been together for ten years, married for five. We initially bonded over music and travel; we’ve seen over two hundred bands and visited about fifteen different countries together.
5. I have a large family with three sisters and two brothers spanning eighteen years. We are each other’s life lines.
6. I am a fun mix of 1/2 Pakistani (technically Kashmiri) and the rest English-Irish-French-German. Growing up mixed race can be confusing, but I think it gives me a unique perspective on things.
7. I grew up in the restaurant industry. My father owned Indian-Pakistani restaurants and had one of the first (if not <em>the</em> first) Indian restaurant in Las Vegas. This means I am particularly critical of the authenticity of Indian-Pakistani food and can make a pretty mean curry.
8. Despite now living in Portland, I’m a diehard sun loving, ocean-obsessed beach bum. The beach is the most cathartic place in the world for me.
9. I often dream about living in Hawaii. (I sincerely think I would not be someone who gets island fever.)
10. I am constantly trying to balance my love of well-designed material objects with my desire for minimalism.